Our team talks to a lot of (adventure) tour operators when broadening our inventory of quality operators across the world. And we have understood some are not running tour operator software for their booking. Some do, but far from all do.
We see a big gap in term of knowledge, how you choose and how you start using one from the beginning. How it can help one’s business scale, become better managed, sell more and most of all get the happiest customers.
As a start, we want to help any of you operators, not running a tour booking software, make a better decision on selecting one. So we have talked to 23 providers, big to small and asked the three following questions:
1) Which are the 3 key areas of a tour booking software for a tour operator to evaluate when choosing a solution
2) What are the key mistakes an operator should avoid when starting to use a tour booking software for the first time?
As a bonus we also asked some about the future of the tour booking software market and the features/use of said software among operators.
Boy that was fun!
We got 23 answers that surely will help operators go about this issue in the best way in the future.
You’ll find tons of awesome tips below, we promise!
Some of the highlights and reoccurring answers for any of you short of time:
1) Make sure you know your needs, understanding your processes and evaluate based on that.
2) You will never find a system that fit your model 100%, aim for the best and adapt where needed.
3) Make sure your next system supports the distribution of your tours and packages
4) Multiple mentions of the blockchain and how it can help change the market