Hotel booking software comes with host of features that allow you to not only manage bookings but also get daily or weekly reports to monitor your business’ growth. While choosing the right hotel booking software, it is not only important to look for the features you want but also those that you don’t need. Here is a list of 5 such things that you should avoid in a hotel booking software –
1. Bad user interface – User interface is one of the most important features and sometimes a deciding factor for your guests or potential customers when they are booking from your website. If they are presented with a clumsy interface or if they don’t find the proper input form or buttons; they will give up and try somewhere else. Try to make a few test bookings yourself on your website. If it is difficult for you, it will be more difficult for your guests who don’t have the technical knowledge or don’t know what runs behind the webpage. When was the last time you tried to make a booking from a website but failed and understood why the booking was unsuccessful? Or tried to report it to their support team? Exactly! Customers don’t care why. They need a clean and simple UI to make a booking, especially those who are making last minute bookings. Choose an engine that offers a simple yet intuitive UI.While choosing the right hotel booking software, it is not only important to look for the features you want but also the features that you don’t need
2. Lack of booking review screen – Imagine yourself making a booking and being taken directly to the payment page. What if you chose the wrong date? Or wrong number of rooms? Or wrong number of people? Or entered wrong personal details? How do you know if you are getting what you are paying for? How do you know if your booking will be done for the correct date with all the correct details? You need a booking review screen for that. It is absolutely necessary and should be among the list of important features to look out for while choosing a booking engine. Also, try to give your users the ability to make changes from the review screen itself. It is inconvenient to start all over again if you go wrong somewhere. Booking review screen also inspires confidence in your customers. Remember the easier and more convenient you make the booking process, the more customers you acquire!
3. Hidden prices! Choose a booking engine that clearly shows all the accommodations and amenities users have chosen while making a booking. People want to know that the final price they pay is exactly what they are asking for. Imagine seeing different accommodation costs at the booking screen and at the final review or payment screen. If customers see a cost significantly or even noticeably higher than what they saw on the booking screen (except for additional transaction fees or any other genuine fees), they are likely to get discouraged and book from somewhere else. Present them with a screen that clearly explains why they are charged more (if at all) and bifurcate the costs showing the individual cost allocation for each service or tax. This will inspire confidence in your customers and will make them more likely to book from you next time.
4. No option to flaunt your assets – When was the last time you booked a hotel just because it says ‘You get a nice beach view from our hotel’? Instead of simply saying it, put pictures of your hotel and the view from the rooms. Remember the old saying “A picture speaks a thousand words”? If you have valuable assets, like best rooms, or best view or best food, give a visual to your potential customers. They are more likely to book from you as they visualize themselves staying there. Pictures will attract your guests making them want to ‘go that place’ or ‘experience that view’.
5. Availability to the right person at the right time – How useful will a software be that displays available rooms in May if a person is trying to book for a hotel in June? Or display hotels that are priced significantly higher or lower than what customers are looking for? Making the right information available to the right people is crucial in this business. Also, sending alerts of availability give you an extra edge increasing the probability of guests buying from you. People are always looking for personalized results. If they find something that is closely related to what they are looking for, they will happily buy it from you. However, do ensure that you don’t display too much information at a time as that will overwhelm the guests. Showing closely related results will be more beneficial than showing all available results.
If you think we missed any thing or you would like to add a feature that one should avoid while choosing a hotel booking software, please get in touch with us on social networks or drop us an email.