How the Digital Era Will Impact Your DMC Business?
The digital era has opened a whole new world for travelers. Before the advent of the internet and technology, the knowledge of travel and wanderlust was confined to those who wanted to travel. With social media putting the world on display to whoever wants to view it, people are now not just more open to travel, it’s a goal, a job, a hobby, and much more. This has led to tourism being one of the biggest economies out there which powers many businesses.
The impact of social media
Social media not only feeds imagination but also feeds the envy of millions. Social media has a huge audience and since covid imposed lockdowns began, the amount of time people spend on social media has been doubled. Previously hitherto unknown locations are now pushed into the foreground, everyone wants to experience a world that the previously has no way of accessing and living vicariously through digital imagery is no longer needed. Travel is one of the most popular subjects on social media with travelers posting pictures, vlogs, videos, reels, etc. on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
People are not aimless travelers anymore, neither are they naïve. With the power of the internet and other technology, people are careful planners and skilled investigators. In other words, they know what they want.
Aspects that affect Industry trends and why it matters
Tourism is largely powered by the trends in the world of travel and this can be attributed to the digital world that brings information to your screen in a few seconds. These trends depend upon various factors like global situations, economy, social conditions, etc.
After the covid pandemic, there was a serious drop in tourism largely due to the health concern and lack of protection. But now that vaccinations are available, the world of tourism is slowly but surely picking up. People now choose their destination and activities based on vaccine availability, activities, the local laws and policies especially during the covid pandemic, etc.
Industry trends show you what to expect from your customers, what they need, and how to get through to them. Understanding these trends is the key to attracting more customers.
Here are a few key digital sources that have a huge impact on tourists:
- Owing to its massive reach, any brand that wishes to advertise its service must have a strong presence on social media.
- A good presence on social media with content that can be shared easily is a good way to mark your presence and promote services.
- DMCs that have a strong social media presence has a greater chance of people using their services.
Importance of a good website
- The advent of the technological revolution has made having a good website an absolute necessity.
- Lack of a website might not just affect your business but also lowers the trust factor.
- The website should offer a complete range of monetization possibilities including API Redistribution, Mobile Apps, payment gateway, etc.
- Your website must contain everything needed to make it the one-stop solution that customers would need.
What are customers expecting?
- The topmost priority for the foreseeable future remains hygiene and safety.
- Customers expect companies to provide and ensure improved cleaning, socially distanced seating, providing sanitizers and masks in the duration of travel.
- DMC must specify what their hygiene and safety rules are and what measures they have in place to keep their customers safe.
- People travel for different reasons; they have different goals and needs.
- There are solo travelers who are out exploring the world, there is eco-travel where the travelers prefer options that reduces their carbon footprint.
- Travelers crave local experience, this means immersing themselves completely in local activities, festivals, sports, cuisines, sights, etc.
- This is a DMC’s niche and this can be further improved by personalizing the whole experience.
- Personalized ads based on previous searches are quite common. A travel package that is tailored to a client’s desires and expectations will result in them using your DMC again.
How can DMC grow in the digital era?
1. Provide great booking experience
Your website should provide an easy, hassle-free yet impressive booking experience with no room for error. It should be efficient, in-built, must load across devices, fast and compatible on mobile devices with pleasing images.
2. Build a wide variety of inventory
Build a robust inventory of Hotels, Transfers, Car Rental, and local activities through a comprehensible and flexible direct contracting module. You can provide direct access to hotel partners through a powerful extranet.
All of this should encourage your suppliers to send their inventory through your channel which in turn will help you offer the best of the services to the customer.
OTRAMS Destination management software allows you to build an inventory through a very powerful direct contracting and extranet module.
3. Improve the discovery of your services
Seeking information online is the first move of customers while making travel plans. To ensure that you snag their attention, it is important to be present on every popular social media platform, have shareable content, have intriguing images, videos and content.
One of the most important aspects is SEO, Search Engine Optimization helps you boost your revenue by increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website.
Personalization is the process of creating and providing services that present material, facts, information, endorsements and offers based on previous purchases, location, and other personal data gathered from the browsing history.
The powers of technology, namely mobile applications must be harnessed for this. DMCs can send notifications, alerts, advisory, information, and other data while the travelers on enroute or at the destination.
Similarly, the use of emails, SMS, and other communication means help DMC companies reach out to more potential customers.
Destination management companies must understand their customers and what they want, what their needs are, and what they are looking for when they travel.
Digital media has the greatest impact on travelers’ psyche, and to understand this is to understand what travelers need. Knowing what your customers want makes it easier to provide them with excellent services which guarantee repeat business.
DMC’s that wish to rise above the mundane, boost their clientele, and utilize the power of the digital era need a travel technology partner that provides the most advanced technological solution.
Our latest pricing plan is conducive for travel companies that wish to move their business online and have an impactful digital presence.
Enjoy Zero Set-up Cost, Maintenance Fee, and Annual Fees with OTRAMS. Check it out here.